There are lots of reasons why we are pro-plastic – it’s durable, hard wearing, can easily be fabricated, can be cleaned & reused, doesn’t absorb moisture, doesn’t rust & it is recyclable!
But a major key issue that motivates us to use plastic is our environmental stance – the desire to be a responsible, ethical manufacturer within the polymer industry, and the fact that sound environmental management usually can help us meet the criteria of our customers – and can also bring efficiencies from which we and our customers can benefit.
Specific examples of our proactive approach to environmental issues include:
- All the waste at RTP is sorted and, where possible, recycled
- We use Packaging Waste Management to meet the UK Packaging Regulations
- We work to guidelines for the Climate Change Levy which compares energy consumption to production
- We set targets for reduced energy usage and purchase carbon to offset any shortfall
- We have installed energy efficient “zoned” lighting in all our warehousing & office facilities
- When purchasing new equipment and replacement spares we review energy consumption as a key selection criteria
- Energy usage is measured on a weekly basis and we are as energy efficient as possible