Green & Efficient Eco-Friendly Packaging
We live in a world where a lot of packaging is single-use & disposable. We strive to help our customers replace their existing packaging systems with our RTP (Returnable Transit Packaging) to save money, improve handling efficiency and meet environmental objectives.
How does RTP (Returnable Transit Packaging) save costs?
The reusable, returnable & recyclable nature of our boxes, trays, crates, containers & pallets provide a variety of financial benefits. Once an RTP system is fully implemented, replacing cardboard with plastic RTP can start to save money after just 12 trips and, with some of our customers still using our plastic RTP after 1600 trips, generate significant financial savings for our customers.
After every trip cardboard must be disposed of at additional cost in accordance with package waste legislation. Replacing with plastic ensures that the contents arrive in as good condition as when they left you.
At RTP, we really focus on reducing the carbon footprint of our customers packaging. Although the initial outlay of our packaging can be more expensive, after the initial payback period it is a much more cost-effective way to transport & store. The benefits to our packaging systems are:
- Cost efficiency – the pay-back period is usually between 6 and 18 months. We are sure that our reusable trays & containers pay for themselves many times over their long lifecycle.
- Reduced costs – by providing years of maintenance-free service with no disposal or assembly costs.
- Improved safety – Well positioned hand holds & handles help to reduce injuries from manual handling. Unlike some cardboard boxes, there are no staples or fixings which could injure personnel or damage contents.
- Protection – smooth surfaces protect contents from damage & tamper-evident security helps deter theft. Plastic containers can also securely stack when loaded and, unlike cardboard, do not absorb moisture (which weakens the structure of cardboard and can soak through to the contents inside). RTP is weatherproof.
- Printed advertising – containers can be printed with a logo & message.
- Hygienic – Easy to clean, plastic containers & pallets do not absorb moisture or contaminants.
- Carbon footprint reduction – More carbon efficient than single-trip cardboard & 100% recyclable.