< Back to Latest news
Plastic Doesn’t Have To Be Bad Wednesday 10th October 2018
There are lots of reasons why we are pro-plastic – it’s durable, hard wearing, can easily be fabricated, can be cleaned & reused, doesn’t absorb moisture, doesn’t rust & it is recyclable!
But a major key issue that motivates us to use plastic is our environmental stance – the desire to be a responsible, ethical manufacturer within the polymer industry, and the fact that sound environmental management usually can help us meet the criteria of our customers – and can also bring efficiencies from which we and our customers can benefit.
Specific examples of our proactive approach to environmental issues include:
- All the waste at RTP is sorted and, where possible, recycled
- We use Packaging Waste Management to meet the UK Packaging Regulations
- We work to guidelines for the Climate Change Levy which compares energy consumption to production
- We set targets for reduced energy usage and purchase carbon to offset any shortfall
- We have installed energy efficient “zoned” lighting in all our warehousing & office facilities
- When purchasing new equipment and replacement spares we review energy consumption as a key selection criteria
- Energy usage is measured on a weekly basis and we are as energy efficient as possible
We are all now fully aware of the effects that plastics are having on our planet and we have to start to educate ourselves about the environmental benefits plastic can have for your business.